As many of you know, I've taken a leap of faith and quit my job to home school our children. My son's biological dad still does not agree for me to home school him. I've struggled with this all summer. I've prayed and prayed about this...for God to change his heart, for Ty to get into the other school that is half homeschooling and half in school. I prayed for God to close doors...and the very next day I was told that Ty did not get into the school. There was simply no more spots for his age group. So, what I'm trying to say here is...
Ty's returning to public school next Tuesday.
That's the final answer...at least for right now.
I actually feel relieved. Even though this summer has been great, there has been a lot of underlying stress due to a couple things...this being one. I also feel relieved in the sense that I feel like I handled this situation with Ty's biological dad the way that the Lord would want me to. I was still respectful, and I tried to compromise and I never screamed and yelled, "Screw you!! I'm doing this anyway!!" Even though there were times I thought about it. =) I really hope that I did glorify God in the way that I dealt with it all. AND, I know that the Lord TOTALLY has His hands at work in this all. There's a reason, unknown to me, but I truly believe that there is a reason for this. I've gone through in my head many reasons for WHY the Lord wants it this way right now, but maybe it's not really for me to know right now. It just wasn't God's timing.
Ty is doing okay with the news. He's disappointed. He teared up a little when he found out, but he knows that he has friends at his school that he will be returning to. I'm just going to have to watch myself...I need to plan some fun things in the afternoon that he can be a part of as well, because I'll be getting so much extra time with Ava now and not him. I want to protect his little feelings. Overall, he still wants to be home schooled. I told Ty...keep praying, you never know what will happen this year...or at the very least, what will happen NEXT year. Ty's entering 5th grade and it will be his last year either way next year at his school.
I do have peace and that's a great place to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Praising God for your peace! Praying for you as you go through this year!
Hugs and love,
Jill
Praying for you. This is a post that I admire! His peace is amazing, is it not? Thanks for encouraging me today through your faith.
Hey allyson, i was just checking in...i know how much you wanted to homeschool and my heart just aches for you! but i know you prayed about it and are making the right decision with your particular situation. all in good time. HIS time. He will put you right were you need to be. just keep open to hear Him and keep praying! i will continue to pray for you and your sweet kids that one day soon your dreams will bear fruit! luv to ya!
Post a Comment