Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life Update

First things first...we still need a LOT of prayer about home schooling Ty.  We are praying that it will all work out. (if you don't know what I'm talking about please read my last post.)  The Lord has a plan...I know it was Him who led me to this...


Our house is back on the market with new floors because of the flood.  Please pray that God will send someone to buy this house soon!!  The renters are paid up until June 30th.


The home school convention was great...we were very encouraged.


We just came back from the beach for the week.  It was a great vacation.  We all relaxed (even though our mind could've used more relaxation!) and the kids had a great time.  I'll share pics soon.


Father's Day was very nice...we hung out at Dad and Sharon's with the whole gang on saturday.  We played on the lake and their new "couch" attachment to the jet ski...lots of fun!  =)


Ty turned 10 on the 21st!!  I can not believe that it's been 10 years that I've had him in my life!  A whole decade!!  We had his birthday party a couple weeks ago so that school friends could join.  But the day of his birthday he wanted breakfast in bed!!  We made that come true and we had a great day ending it with dinner at the restaurant of his choice.  He picked Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse...you know, they cook in front of you...he had a blast!  What a gift he is to me. 

Thank you to all of you who checked up on me while I've "been away" from the blogging world.  Really, it means so incredibly much to me.  It's unbelievable to me that I could make friends through a blog.  I never thought that I was the "blogging type", but boy, am I blessed from it!  Thank you.

3 comments:

Shonni said...

It is so nice to hear how ya'll are doing!!!
Anything I can help with regarding the home schooling?
shassoldt@msn.com

Unknown said...

Love the new photo in your header! Happy Birthday to your new 10 yr old - double digits!

Hugs and love - still praying with you!
Jill

Cari said...

Hi Alyson! You've been on my mind this week. I couldn't remember the name of your blog, so I had to look for one of your comments on my posts to link back to you. I'm so glad I found you. Sounds like you have had a lot going on. I hope all is going good for your son at school this year. I have five of our six in public school. Two in grade school and three in middle school. I know it's a tough decision, but God does give you a peace about whatever the right decision is for your family.