The end of June, Ava had her dance recital! She was in two numbers. Tap and ballet. BUT, she has been telling me for months now that she doesn't want to take dance next year. I danced from the time I was 3 or 4 until I was a senior in high school, but her decision is fine with me. I did tell her that she had to finish this year, though. I have asked her many times WHY she doesn't want to dance any more, but she can't seem to explain why. I will say though, this girl had fun wearing "stage makeup" and getting all dressed up! She had a great attitude and seemed to be enjoying herself.
Ava goes to the dance studio that I went to as well. They put on an awesome show. There is a full blown dress rehearsal the night before the big day. Some photos below are from the dress rehearsal and some from the actual day of the show.
Ava backstage.
This is her second year dancing, but her first year in the "big girl" dressing room with lights!
Ava in the hallway backstage.
I'm not sure if you can tell, but she's missing her 2 front teeth!!
Here's her tap costume...she danced to "Singing in the Rain"!!
This is Audrey and Ava.
Audrey's mommy has been one of my best friends since we were in preschool!!
It's like Alyson and Mandi all over again! lol
Daddy giving Ava a corsage! Awwww!! I remember MY Daddy giving ME one!
Mimi helping her put it on...
My pretty girl...
Ty couldn't be with us.
From left to right:
Grandpa, Papa,
Tia (Tori, my best friend), Grandma, Mimi, Aunt Elsa
Dusty, Ava, me =)
Grandma & Grandpa
Mimi & Papa
Audrey & Ava
Ava was not scared or nervous at all. She went right up on the stage with all of the bright lights and people watching her and she smiled and performed great! We know she worked so hard to remember all those steps and we are so proud of her! This may be the last dance recital she ever has...but you never know!







1 comment:
What beautiful pictures. She is just a little doll. And what a special family memory!
Post a Comment