Monday, March 22, 2010

Excuse me for being naive

First things first...I did go camping...and I did survive...and most importantly, my little man was happy that I went! =)  He came to me and sat right down next to me when I got there and was so excited that I was going to camp with him!  I was freezing while we slept and mummbled in my lack of sleep..."I'm never doing this again!!"  But just look at my little guy...it was all worth it.

So...there's something that I've been thinking about for some time.  This will probably come out all ramdom because I don't think that my thoughts are organized, but I'll give it a try.

As I've been leaning closer to the Lord, I can see more clearly in a lot of ways. 

I've been working at my current job for about 2 1/2 years now.  I really love it there and I'm very happy working there.  There are all different types of people working in the salon and I really care about everyone.  I'm not really sure what they have thought of me regarding faith.  I think they knew that I went to church, or maybe they thought of me as spiritual, or maybe even a Christian.  I'm not sure. 

Until...

A couple weeks ago was the first time that I was faced with the straight up conversation of faith.  I said a little prayer in my head...God PLEASE give me the words to say...
I gave the gospel there in the break room of the salon. 

This is where I have to say...Forgive me for being naive...
BUT,



I had NO CLUE how many people DO NOT believe in Jesus Christ!!!!!


You know, it's not like I thought that they were all saved...but I thought that there would be some who "believed in God" but didn't have a personal relationship with Jesus. 

I was completely shocked and saddened by this.

I heard everything from:

I don't believe in God at all.
I think that as long as you're a good person, you're ok.
I'm a spiritual person, but I don't think you have to go to church.
And much more...

I MUST say that I see things 2 ways.

1.
I feel like I walk a thin line.  I love and care about these people and don't want to ruin the relationship by being too pushy with my beliefs.  If I did that it would destroy other opportunities to continue the conversation.  I'm hoping that I at least was able to plant a seed that day. 

2.
The Lord puts me in situations to be strong and speak the truth, lay it out there and He will lead the way.  Regardless of if you loose friendships.

During that conversation I did speak up when things were said like, "as long as you're a good person".  I made it clear that it's not by works.  I really was trying to have the balance of being their friend, and speaking the Truth.

Again, I'm just soooo shocked.

I know that we are called to be the LIGHT in the darkness.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.
Eph 5:8

Sometimes I wish that I could be in a smaller town, with more people around me who have the same beliefs.  I feel like I could be more focused and STAY focused.  But, maybe God has me right where He wants me...maybe this is part of my purpose?  At least for now.


1 comment:

danielle-laryn said...

hi, i think i found your blog through :a place called simplicity: i have read a bit of your writings so far and i will definitely be back! i know what you mean in this post= so many times i hear the same things- especially, "if you are a good person" or, "well, everyone believes different things" argghhh! it's so frustrating! but we have to remember, most of us Christians were on THAT side before we opened our hearts and minds and were ready to hear the truth. jesus didn't come to convert the believers, he hung out with the sinners, the theives, the unwashed, the unclean. his disciples were a ragmuffin bunch of followers that no other rabbis would accept. jesus took them in because of where they were in their walk. at least these thoughts are helpful to ME whenever i get that frustration for the lacksadasical attitude sooo many people are walking around with! WIll be back to check on ya! Keep up the good faith!