Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pray Specifically

John 14:12-14
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing.  He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.  You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

I've been thinking about praying specifically.  I believe that Jesus encourages us to pray specifically in the verses above.

I must have faith that God will answer my prayers if it's part of His will.

Luke 11:9-10
"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Do not stop praying until you receive an answer...yes...no...wait.

Here's my specific prayer for now:

My specific prayer for now is that the Lord will have our house sold by June when our renters will move out and that we will not have to bring money to the table to sell it.

Of course I don't know God's will, but that's exactly why I should pray specifically, because it could be part of His will!

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Turn worries into prayer!!

No comments: