I mentioned a few posts ago that I asked the Lord to give me conformation and to speak to me so that I would know for sure that He has asked me to do something...and in the post "I Need You" I explained that I did get that conformation.
Since then, I've dealt with some serious spiritual warfare. I've struggled with making the right decision to trust Him and to obey Him.
Well...I've done it. I've decided to trust. I've decided to obey. I've decided to take a HUGE leap of faith. I've decided to follow Him and the plan that He has for me and my family.
This decision has and will change MANY things in our family. I've had the enemy whispering lies in my ears. And I'm trying my best to be strong and not let Satan trick me into believing him.
After plenty of prayer, lots of thoughts, an abundance of reading and researching, and talking with a few select people...we have some big news...a NEWS FLASH for sure...
We have decided to home school our children!
I never in a million years would've thought that I would be saying that. I unfortunately used to be one of the ones who didn't really "get it". I wasn't educated on the subject and I totally believed the negative things that people said about it. NOW, after reading books about it with a Christian perspective, and scriptures to back it up, I get it and this is where the Lord wants us to go.
I'm very nervous about it all...which I'm praying about for myself because I don't think that's where God wants me to be. He wants me to trust Him and not be worrying.
I've been so scared to tell people about this being that so many people don't "get it". I told my work today, and my nerves were shot! Although, it does feel good to have that weight lifted. The Lord provided this morning with both owners there to speak to with no clients and no other stylists there so that we could have privacy.
We heard about a convention they are having in our state and we are going to go so that we can further educate ourselves before our first year. This we just found out about yesterday and the deadline is today! God's timing is perfect!
Thank you to all of you who have supported us in this decision. Thank you to you bloggy friends (you know who you are =) ) who I've shared this with before letting the "world" know. You all have encouraged me and the Lord has used you to work in me!!
Also, I'm totally up for ideas, suggestions, words of encouragement, info, etc that you other home schooling moms may have!
Thank you so very, very, much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
WAHOOOOOOO!
PRAISE GOD!
I'm thrilled for you and your family Alyson!
I'm here to help in any way I can!
Love and hugs,
Jill
alyson, so happy for you and your family= you are truly blessing them by making this a priority! a book that was helpful to me was by Karen Andreola, i think its called the home companion. showed me such a gentle way to make learning and educating a natural part of your life; she also wrote :pocket full of pinecones: very sweet book! i am right now finishing up our year with the 2 older boys and already planning kindergarten for the little one= i figure, now i'll be homeschooling THREE boys while waiting for word about adopting the girl! i had better get done all i can now!
best of His blessings to you= you are right about that spiritual warfare that will immediately start coming= put your armor on, be prepared; and stay true; you are fighting the battle for HIm! i can;t wait to check in and see how you all are doing!
Post a Comment