Monday, May 24, 2010

House Update

Last Monday we found out that our house that is on the market was flooded.  A pipe behind the refrigerator broke and it flooded the floors, even into the bedrooms.  I was totally hysterical when we found out it happened.  Since then, I'm learning once again to trust the Lord.

I'm reading a book called "Reckless Faith" that Cari at http://whereverheleadsus.blogspot.com/ recommended to me.  The author speaks of times when the Lord doesn't only show up, but shows off what He can do.  And THAT is what I'm praying that the Lord is going to do!  This flood isn't anything that the Lord can't handle.  Maybe He's going to show that he is bigger than this...I know that He can STILL have this house sold before June 30th...even with the flood.  I know that there is a plan.

Other things going on...

Our air in our car went out...it's like 90 degrees here, too.

We are planning our time at the convention this weekend.  I've been searching and learning about curriculums.  I'm trying to narrow it down so that we won't be too overwhelmed once we're there.  I also have a list of the classes we want to go to. 

We still haven't told the kids.  We will probably tell them this week at some point.  I need wisdom on how to answer their questions.

I've also been trying to get connected with local families who home school.  I've met some families from the church that we go to.  I know that having the kids meet other kids that are home schooled will be great for them because we don't know anyone right now.

The house is a wreck.  I've got end of the year things going on with both kids.  Ava got to go to Disney on Ice with a friend (well, they're like family).  She had her last program at school, which I missed because I couldn't get out of work...and I cried once I got there because it was over.  We had a wedding on Saturday night after I worked.We had a birthday party this weekend.  Ty got to be the "bat boy" with the Tampa Yankees yesterday.  We took a class at church called Answers in Genesis...it was awesome.  Check out their website...http://www.answersingenesis.org/.  It's go, go, go...I can't wait until we can slow it all down.

1 comment:

danielle-laryn said...

omygoodness ALyson, just reading about your week is making me stressed!!LOL! praying you get to slow down and savor some time with them over the summer. good luck at the convention; i never went to one because i was afraid i would some home with too much stuff to do in 5 years!! praying for your wisdom in deciding what is best for YOUR family. when we told the boys about homeschooling, it was a series of converstaions not just "a moment" and that was it. we talked about "daddy and i have been praying about something good and we want to share it you guys..."; then "what are you all feeling about this?"; we tried to let them, and still do, always feel LISTENED to, even though mom and dad make the FINAL decisions. everyone needs to be heard.

where is the convention? are you bringing someone along with you? can't wait to hear what you find! i also just read a great article...it basically said, just teach your kids their bible...everything else will fall into place. don't get suckered by the colorful books with the cute characters, the "schooly" stuff (really hard for me!!), just take it slow, especially the first year or you will burn out by October. here if you need "a friend who's been there" ;O)