I just read Jill's blog here.
One sentence stuck out so much to me...
Do you take action when God calls you or do you live waiting for a sign He really wants you to listen and act upon His call?
I feel the Lord has made it clear that He wants me to do something. Before we walked into church the other day, I prayed,
Lord, please speak to me. Please give me confirmation. Please give me something...to know...for sure...that you want me to follow what you've shown me.
The message was about that if you are a believer and said yes to Jesus, that the Holy Spirit lives in, with, and through you.
Then the pastor took us to John 14:15
"If you love me, you will obey what I command."
People probably thought that Dusty pinched me or something because I practically jumped in my seat and turned my head and looked straight at Dusty and I let out a quick breath.
I felt so energized, so sure, so motivated...
And unfortunately, now, I've been doubting, questioning, and confused. This may be my logical, worldly side of me stepping in, or is it the enemy whispering lies to me?
But...ugh.
My head hurts.
I want to trust.
I want to please Him.
I want to do what's best for my family.
I don't want to be selfish.
When I prayed, "I surrender it all" I never imagined He would give me something so life changing, so controversial, so quickly.
I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.
Jeremiah 10:23
*sigh* I'm tired, my head hurts, I need encouragement and prayers...please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I am continuing to pray for you and your family. I am so encouraged for what the Lord has done in your family recently. God is good all the time!! Hugs, and extra prayers for relief from your headache;)
I am pray sweet friend. Is there anything I can do?
Sweet friend - big big hugs!
God will see you through this and He will do it perfectly!
Love,
Jill
I don't know you at all. I just came to your blog from your comment on my Purpose Driven Beading fundraiser...read this post. I have no idea what you feel the Lord has laid on your heart that you are struggling with.
I would love to share with you a few things to consider...
1. Does whatever this feeling/burden/calling you are experiencing line up with Scripture? If the answer is NO..or if it counteracts scripture in any way. Then stop!
2. Has God given you some confirmations about this calling? If this is His will for you and you are earnestly seeking Him..HE WILL confirm it so you will know for sure.
3. There will always be seasons of doubt. Pray through them and ask the Lord to refresh you and keep your feet on the path He has laid out for you. Use your hubby as a sounding board to make sure you stay on track.
The Lord WANTS to be found :)
His word says that those who seek Him will find Him if we seek with all of our hearts.
sometimes the Lord asks something of us that seems to be too much. Believe me. I know.
But He is faithful to equip us to walk in whatever He calls us to. Oftentimes He is looking for obedience and a chance to show us our own hearts.
I struggle greatly with control issues and totally surrendering to Him.
May the Lord refresh you and speak to you soon.
Blessings,
Holly (purpose driven family)
Post a Comment