Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My poor little man...

Yesterday was President's Day.  Ty had school but Ava didn't.  Sunday night Ty was complaining that he had school and Ava didn't.  I explained to him that he had off just a couple weeks ago and Ava had to go to school.  It's just different schedules because they go to different schools. 

Well, then Monday morning came and he didn't want to get out of bed!  Of course Dusty and I immediately thought...he's doing this because Ava has no school.  BUT the poor kid ended up being REALLY sick! 

I took him to the doctor and he laid on the couch until he was called.  He laid in the car, he couldn't even lift his head yesterday!  He has tonsillitis.  Poor guy, and we thought he was fakin'!  He slept most of the day, and when he was awake he was horizontal.  Then he ended the day throwing up!   


This is what he looked like most of the day! 

Meanwhile, Ava was FULL of energy.  She was playing school and she also pretended to teach a dance class.  She's too funny.  Out of no where she's says, "Moooommy...ahhh".  I look over and she had tried to open something with her teeth and one of her baby teeth was hanging there!  =)  It was bleeding, which Ava does NOT like.  She didn't really cry though...she just said, "Mommy, pull it out!" 

I asked her if she was sure....and....1-2-3, it was out!  She was so excited to loose another tooth!



She still has those cute little TOP baby teeth.  I'll be sad when those go. 

Okay, now time for some thoughts...

"Marriage is a journey of mystery, anticipation, and change"

Above is a line in the card that I gave Dusty for Valentines Day.  It's so awesome to see how God has worked in our lives.  Dusty's really ready to go ahead with this adoption when there was a time that he wasn't 100%.  (Lots of prayer!)  It was really encouraging and exciting that we both sort of wrote the same kind of thing in our cards.  It just really shows that we are on the same page.

This line in the card makes me smile and I get this rush of excitement because I know that the Lord has so much more for us!  I can't wait to see how this year plays out...and years to come.  I just know he has big things planned for us.

2 comments:

Cari said...

Thanks for commenting over at my post, Alyson! It's nice to meet you. I hope your little guy gets better soon. Three of mine have had cold symptoms with lots of coughing!

I pray that God makes it abundantly clear for you and your husband as to what He wants you to do in regards to living for Him!

Love you blog design. :)

Shonni said...

Thank you for visiting our blog...I am so happy to meat you. You have a beautiful family. I am so sorry that you little guy is sick!
I look forward to getting to know you more in the future!