Wow, it's been a long time! We've had a crazy, but fun and VERY eventful holiday season. I've been out of town twice, Miami with my hubby and to Arizona to see my bubba, celebrated my 30th birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, other family birthday's, doing hair, home schooling Ava, keeping up the house, had Ava's 7th birthday, etc, etc, etc.
We are also FIIIIINALLY about to finish our home study!! Monday our social worker will come out and finish it up! Yay!
Update about Sierra (Fu Yuyao, who we sponsor)...we wrote a letter to her original orphanage to ask to adopt her. They "named us as parents" we were told, but now it goes to the CCAA...we are guessing for the final answer. I just heard that they are about to make her a special focus child and that her file should be done soon. It's hard because there is a slight language barrier with the woman who is helping me from the foundation where Sierra lives. I'm confused as to if my agency needs to be looking for her file?? Are they going to match her with us? Will we know when her file is ready? We are so close and I don't want to miss anything now.
Emotionally this has been so bizarre to me. I'm definitely guarding myself so that I won't be disappointed. We just don't know for sure, so we just have to keep on keeping on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
alyson, i love YOUR new picture= the colors are so saturated and pretty! glad to hear from you= i know how sometimes i feel like writing/talking and then other times silence/reflection is called for. we are 7 months waiting for ANY word...it is...hard. not hearing or knowing anything. we are with a REALLY small agency and i'm starting to second guess that. it's so hard to know what is God's plan, and what is me just worrying?? anyway, keep us all posted on YOUR progress and know i am praying for you and your family!
It's a hard place to be in that waiting and wondering limbo. I remember it clearly. But continue to trust in God's best plan for your family, and know that if Sierra is the daughter that He has chosen for you, then in His perfect timing, it will come to pass. Here's a scripture the Lord gave me when I was in that very place you are right now:
I Thes. 5:24 ~
"The One who calls you is faithful; He will make it happen."
Continue to trust in Him and He will make your path straight! Keep us posted, I'm excited to follow along on your journey!! <><
Blessings,
~Tanya
Post a Comment