Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just had to share!!

We've started recently a family bible study.  Dusty and I have wanted to do this for a long time and finally started.  We can already see how the Lord can use this time we share together.  The kids enjoy not only learning, but having the time with us.  We finish with prayer.  We go around the table and pray one at a time, so that we all get a turn.  The lesson ended with the question of, What kind of things do you talk to God about?  Basically Ty and Ava's answers were all about asking for something from God.  They said, they prayed when they are scared, or worried, or when they want to get out of trouble, etc.  I explained to them that it's great to turn to God when they are scared or worried, but that we should not only turn to him when we need something.  I suggested that we do a "praise" prayer tonight, so that we would only praise and thank God for things.  Ty started out thanking God for sending his Son, and for family, then Dusty prayed and thanked God for many things, then it was Ava's turn, she thanked God for several things,  then she thanked God for the Bible, and she said that she wished she could read the whole thing every day, then she said, "I wish I could read the Spanish bible."....









and that's when....





the giggling started!!




It was just so random and funny coming out of her little mouth, Dusty started giggling first, then Ty...finally I joined in, too.  BUT...





Ava DID NOT find this funny at all!  She started bawling!!  Then we were laughing so hard that we had tears, we try to let her continue praying but Ty starts laughing again and then me and Dusty again...*sigh*


So she stopped and started crying a few times until finally I stopped laughing and took a turn praying.


I thanked God for my sweet little girl and thanked him for her tender heart...her compassion, and her readiness to always help.  I took time to thank Him for Ty and Dusty, too, along with much more...but...




I guess I need to get Rosetta Stone and get this girl reading some Spanish Bibles!!



Too Cute.


Just had to share!

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Hello Alyson, this is my first time commenting on your blog. I've seen you leave comments on fellow bloggy friends posts, and decided to pay you a visit. I got such a kick out of this post, that I just had to become a follower. This sounds EXACTLY like something that would happen at our house. It totally made me 'giggle' too!! How ADORABLE! Loved this story.

Question for ya... on the family Bibly study note, are you following any guide or book to help you along with the kids. We've needed to get back into this routine again, too, but sometimes I think a 'guide' or devotion of sorts would help us to have a more organized study and stay on track. Any advice would be welcomed! :)

God bless you and your BEAUTIFUL family! <><
~ Tanya
thomclan (at) izoom (dot) net