Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He's a Boy Scout Now!!

Ty recently had a camp out with the cub scouts where he "crossed over" to boy scouts!!






There was a ceremony with traditional things that they performed.


















This is Ty "crossing over".


















We are so proud of Ty.  He has worked hard to get all of his requirements done so that he was able to cross over!!

Here are some other fun camping pictures...




Look at my boy chopping some wood!








This is Billy and Ty.  They had the option to make a wooden car, but the boys decided they would rather chop more wood!




Ava and I came to enjoy the day.  I was freeeezing!!  But I couldn't miss the cross over!




It was nice sitting around the camp fire.  We roasted marsh mellows and hung out.




Um, yes, that is ME...I climbed a tree!  I just had to get Dusty to help me get down!!  =)




Ty is very cautious, but climbed quite high!




 Ava even joined the fun!




 We retired flags.  I've never been a part of retiring flags before.  The leaders explained why we retire them the way we do and they asked for everyone to be quiet out of respect.










Here's Ty and Ava retiring a flag together.


We all participated.  It was really something special to be a part of.  All I could think about was all of those who serve our country.  I have mad respect for all of you out there!    (Especially for my brother who recently got out of the military and my sister-in-law who is still in.)

No comments: