Wednesday, February 9, 2011

picture me {im}perfectly








I found this weekly Wednesday idea from another bloggy friend who is listed on the right under my favorite blogs to follow, "Bushel and a Peck".  She found it through someone else. 




Basically, it's a way for all of us to "keep it real"...to realize that even though we only sometimes post the "rainbows and butterfly's" type posts, that we all are imperfect.  What an encouragement that will be to all of us!  Wow!  Finally, something that I actually have PLENTY to write on, because Lord knows that I am FAR from perfect!!




Let's see...where do I start...well, right now, as I type, I have my son cleaning my daughter's room because he has been everything BUT loving to her.  I told him to do an act of love for his sister. (Thanks, Jill, for the idea)  



My kids are far from perfect and I am too.  




I didn't just say, "clean your sister's room".  I straight up yelled at him.  There.  That's the truth.  And that's what happens WAY too often.  I get so frustrated at times and I let it get the best of me.  




I always end up regretting how I dealt with whatever the situation may be, and the guilt can be too much to handle.  






Sometimes all I can think of is...Is this how I would want my son to talk to my grandchildren one day???







I am.  I can be a "yeller".  (that sounds funny)



BUT!



I am completely and utterly thankful for our loving Lord our God.






I think of this in my head all of the time...



Because of the Lord's great love we 
are not consumed, 
for his compassions never fail.
 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness

Lamentations 3:22-23





This verse is always so refreshing to here.  It's mind boggling that the Lord  continues to forgive us.  Every morning I know that I have a new chance after I've repented.





So, please, picture me {im}perfectly.

1 comment:

hill said...

thank you so much for your honesty and for linking up.
xoxo.