Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've never done a Thankful Thursday post before, but being that I have so much to be thankful for, I figured I would join in.


My devotion this morning included this verse...



Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; 
thank God no matter what happens.
This is the way God wants you who belong to 
Christ Jesus to live.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
(this version is from The Message by Eugene H. Peterson)


This basically says that even though things don't go your way, keep praying.  God has a plan and will answer your prayers in His time...in His way. 



The notes in my study Bible says:
People are naturally happy on some occasions, 
but the Christian's joy is not dependent on circumstances.
It comes from what Christ has done, and it is constant.




Interesting...makes me think...and keeps me in check.  No matter how bad life can get, we have the gift of eternal life and that alone should be enough.  We will not always be in this sin-stained world and I'm thankful for that!





Switching gears just a little, I wanted to say that we received some news last night that was mind blowing.  I believe that the wish was to keep this private, but I will just say that the Lord is working in many hearts for the orphans!!  We are just thrilled with the news and praise God for it.  It's something that will be an extreme help to us, but a help to our daughter who isn't home yet, too.  We are so incredibly thankful!!  This is huge!  We love those who gave us this news and we appreciate them so much.  We are thankful for their heart and willingness to help.



Thankful...yes I am. 

 

 

No comments: