Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Isn't it funny how God works?

I'm sitting here teaching Ava this morning, and here is the devotion we just did out of her "kid" devotion book.

The Perfect Path

God will not permit the godly to slip or fall.
Psalm 55:22

Going through life is like taking a walk through the woods.  There are little twigs that are really easy to step over and big tree trunks you have to climb over.  Sometimes you might get lost, and other times you know just where to go.  As you walk through life, isn't it nice to know God is walking with you?  When you follow his path, you'll never fail or lose your way.

God's path is the best path for one and for all.  
If I follow him, then he won't let me fall.

 Is that not HUGE?  This is not the first time that Ava's devotional book has spoken directly to what I was going through!  God works in crazy ways!

ALSO, here is what her handwriting verse was for today...
In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you.
Proverbs 3:6

 I love this version above.  It gives a new "feel" to the verse that we are used to hearing...
"In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."



If you read my last post (from last night), you'll see why this is so amazing to me.  I'm encouraged and refreshed this morning.  Yes, I still want the Lord to show me quickly what my path is, but I know that He will in His perfect timing.  I will put Him first and He will direct me.

1 comment:

Warren Baldwin said...

What a great devotional for kids ... and adults. Good post.

Thanks for the comments on Family Fountain.

Here is the article I just read:
http://jenifermetzger.blogspot.com/ I think it is entitled, "Living it Out." And she wants to read your post on this.