These verses represent my heart this week. I always like to look up verses that speak to me in "The Message" by Eugene Peterson. It gives a different feel to the verses when you read it in the contemporary language.
I have so much to say, ask and question right now. Part of me wants to just begin typing and just let it flow...but the truth is, that sometimes it's hard to share what's going on in a blog because it is very public and out there for all to read. I need to dig a little deeper and get smart about how I can still use this as a release, but not to give every detail, as to protect others, relationships, etc.
I can't explain how much it means to read encouraging words in the comments. I feel like I say this often, but I am continually blessed by the blogging community that I have found. It's an indescribable feeling of knowing that someone understands you. And that's exactly how I feel from you all who comment on my blog.
Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
(Above is NIV, below is from "The Message")
Show me how you work, God;
school me in your ways.
Take me by the hand;
Lead me down the path of truth.
You are my Savior, aren't you?
Psalm 25:4-5
Hear my voice when I call, O Lord;
be merciful to me and answer me.
(Above is NIV, and below is from "The Message")
Listen, God, I'm calling at the top of my lungs:
"Be Good to me! Answer me!"
Psalm 27:7
Teach me your way, O Lord;
lead me in a straight path...
(Above is NIV, below is from "The Message")
Point me down your highway, God;
direct me along a well-lighted street;
show my enemies whose side you're on.
Psalm 27:11
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
(Above is NIV, and below is from "The Message")
Stay with God!
Take heart. Don't quit.
I'll say it again:
Stay with God.
Psalm 27:14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
I use the Message some, but not enough. I need to read it more. I like how it gives a different insight into what a verse means.
Crying out to the Lord ... I'm reading a book now about a man who came to Christ in a Soviet prison/slave camp during the heyday of communism. He was a prisoner of the communists for 9 years, from 1945 to 54. He number one source of survival and strength - crying out to the Lord (prayer). Next was Bible study and Christian fellowship with other prisoners (though much of it had to be done in private).
Great verses and post.
Post a Comment