Well, it's one of those weeks where the saying "When it rains it pours" is true for our family. Nothing has happened that's too bad or that is horribly upsetting, but here's a few hiccups that have happened.
Ty's been sick and home from school for 3 days. During that time, we found we have a leak somewhere (possibly the hot water heater or washing machine). The way I found it is my closet carpet was soaked...so all the things on the floor of my closet are in our room and we have the carpet pulled back with a fan on it for a few days. The HOUSE is constantly on my mind. Today Ava is sick. I rearranged my day with the help of my "mom" Sharon who helped watch her while I went to work for a few. Then I thought I had car problems...but I think it's ok...THE HOUSE is still on my MIND!! ugh!! I'm just waiting for what's next.
I received this from our church on my email this week:
"You of little faith, why are you so afraid?"
Matthew 8:26
Message:
When the storm hit Jesus and the disciples in the boat, panic overtook the disciples. Jesus immediately addressed the real issue (not the storm). He called out their lack of faith and trust in him and his compassion for them.
Application:
I know Jesus is in my boat today. I have said "Yes" to him and surrendered to him as Lord and Savior. So, when fierce winds blow and the water starts coming over my bow, am I going to panic or praise? Am I going to run deep with fear or run headlong to my faith in Jesus Christ?
Let's choose faith over fear today!
This really spoke to me being that I am praying that I will NOT be afraid about this housing situation. I DO have faith, but I feel like the worry seeps in and before I know it, I'm scared again! I know that if it's in the Lord's will, that He will do it no matter HOW impossible it seems in this market (I know he can move mountains)...but I guess I worry if it's NOT in His will, then where will this take us???
Then I must hold on to THIS verse:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Continuing to pray for your family. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment