Ty has been wanting to read the bible lately. He has my old bible from when I was young. He read to us the other night in Revelations and then the following morning he had it out reading in Genesis. He read out loud in the car to me all the way to school. I asked him if he understood what he was reading and he said yes and then repeated all that he had read so far in his own words. (I'm always amazed at his comprehension!) He said that he wanted to take the bible to school today to read. (Remember, he goes to a public school.) I said, "Sure, Ty, sounds good."
I am in awe at how the Lord is working in his life (as well as mine). I said a prayer for him as soon as he got out of the car today that the Lord would protect him from the enemy. Ty is not concerned at all about walking up to that school today, with his bible in his hand. Not a worry about what anyone will say...not an insecurity at all.
We prayed together with Ty on December 11, 2007 at 8:40pm for him to take Jesus into his heart. He was 7 1/2 years old at the time. We have it written inside his small Bible to always remember that day. Ty also recently asked (again) to be baptized. I think it's so awesome that he wants to do that. I need to get on it already!! If he's asking, then I need to make it happen for him. I've thought about him so much today!
What a little blessing he is and I thank God for him. We all pray for our children to come to know God, and what a blessing it is to see God call them.
*********************************************************************************
Above, was all written the other day...here's the continuation.......
When Ty came home from school with the bible I asked him if anyone said anything about the bible to him. He said that 2 girls asked him WHY he was reading it, but he said, "They asked cheerfully, not rudely." So of course I asked him, "How did you answer them?" He said, "I told them that I'm a Christian and I like to read about Jesus."
Wow. I'm so proud of him.
He said that another friend said that she was a Christain but didn't really ever read the bible. And one more friend said that they believed in God. ( I used that opportunity to explain that some people believe in God, but not Jesus Christ, and the importance of that.)
So the next morning, Ty's reading the bible in the car again on the way to school. He gets to Genesis 11 The Tower of Babel. He reads it and then tells me in his own words what it said and then says, "Man, I think this shows you that you better listen to God." I helped him understand what the story meant a little more after that, but MAN!! When he said that, it was like he was speaking to ME!!
All the things that I've been concerned about and things that I've been looking into and all of the prayers that I've prayed asking the Lord to show me what is next, I feel Him speaking to my heart about a few things, and for Him to even be using my son to speak to me, it was like, "Wake up!! Quit questioning me and follow me!!"
This was also a wake-up call for me to see what I need to be doing more of and things that I need to change.
Ty has been such an encouragement to me and what a great example he is!







2 comments:
There is NOTHING like learning from our children who come to Him with such precious faith! There is NOTHING like the blessing of watching our children get it and falling in love with Jesus!
Praying for Ty as he prepares his heart for greater things to come and his baptism.
Blessings and hugs,
Jill
Allison, this sounds soo exciting and wonderful! What 2 little mighty powerful warriors you are raising!
Post a Comment