First things first...
I want to thank EACH and every one of you who left me a comment on my last post!! Your encouraging words, and simply letting me know that you are praying for us brought me to tears. Who would've thought that this whole blogging thing would be so amazing in my life. I prayed a prayer for all of you, who prayed for someone who you don't even know, that God would bless YOU!!
Well...an update on the house situation. I'll try and make this simple...
Dusty and I took the Dave Ramsey class, Financial Peace University, last year. It was soooo awesome and I recommend it highly. It really helped us see things in a different light concerning debt and how to get outta it!!
We've been truckin along paying back a lot of money and we still have a little ways to go...but I could see the light at the end of the tunnel...
UNTIL...
we pretty much got a reality check. This housing situation that we're in is horrible...excuse me, the housing situation that ALL of us are in is horrible. The reality is....that we had to drop our price significantly to be where our house is desirable to look at. We've only had ONE showing since the beginning of March. It is our prayer that by dropping the price, the perfect family will come in and want to buy it.
With the price drop comes the fact that we would now have to come to the table with money to get out of the house. Which means...more debt.
I know that we can handle this and that we will get through this with the help of the Lord, but it's a lot to swallow. I felt like we were just reaching the top of the hole and now someone kicked us all the way back to the bottom and I can't see the light anymore.
With more debt brings uncertainty of when to adopt. Uncertainty of when we would be able to buy the house we're in. Uncertainty of what God has next for us. Hey--I prayed for Him to take it all...I prayed recently that I surrender it all...I prayed that He would show us what He has next for us...and I know He will in His own time.
We've re-evaluated our budget and are going to make some changes where we can. We want to pay off all debt as soon as possible...but we won't know how much more debt we will have until we sell the house.
Yesterday I cryed a lot. Today, I feel a little more hopeful.
The good news is that I feel like this is bringing me and my hubby closer--not further. I thank God that this is NOT something that causes arguements with us.
The real stresser here is that our renters will be out on JUNE 30th!!! We have a HUGE timeline here. I'm trying my very hardest to turn my worries into prayers. But goodness me!! It's soooo hard for me not to worry.
There are plenty of other things that we are unsure of because of this new reality. It really changes a lot. I know of other times in my life that I couldn't see the "big picture" yet, and then things made sense, and God was faithful, and everything worked out for the best. I'm holding on to that.
Have you ever looked around at the things surrounding you...your house, the trees in the neighborhood, brids flying by, cars driving by, the leaves blowing around....and EVERYTHING looks different? That may sound weird but it's what I'm experiencing.
Please know that I am totally aware that I am blessed beyond belief. We are not worried about being on the streets or where our next meal will come from and I know that there are so many other families in this world that are worried about those things. We have so much and I am thankful.
I'm constantly reminding myself of this verse:
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
What a precious post sweet friend. I am so sorry for the house situation!! I will continue to pray for you!!!
Thank you for your most precious comments on my blog. I appreciate it and am so grateful for our new friendship!
Post a Comment