Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sell the House, Adopt, God's Time???

I am one who has a hard time sharing sometimes, BUT, I could not give up the opportunity on Linny's page http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/ to have others pray for us.

We have felt the Lord leading us to adopt for a couple years now.  We have been lead back to China in our research and prayers many times, but you have to be 30, right?  Soooo, we have felt that the Lord has been telling us to wait until I'm 30.  This year I will be 30 and we were planning on starting our paper work in May. 

In the past weeks many things have changed.  We don't have as much income as we usually do, so we are re-budgeting ourselves.  And also, we have a house on the market.  It's new on the market and we are aware that in this market we may have to come to the table with money.  We were never upside down, but I can see how we could be soon.  The money that we would use to come to the table, is money that we would've used to start the adoption paper work.

We need prayer for our house to sell before June (see my post  Pray Specifically =) ), and for us to hear God CLEARLY so that we can know what HIS timing is for us concerning the adoption. 

Please pray for us to TRUST Him, and have FAITH, and to know when to MOVE toward what He is leading us to do.  I really am not trying to take control, but, my logical mind is saying--look at all of the financial uncertainties!!!

I feel like there's so much more involved with this situation, but it's a start.

I'll be praying for all of you out there too! 

Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

natali said...

praying for you!!

Stephanie @ It Is Well said...

I'll be praying for y'all.

Kat said...

We will be praying. I know how hard it is waiting for God's timing. In one of our adoption is was immediate. In another we found ourselves saying, "Really God?". Finally, in the current adoption of our twins (from Ethiopia)we waited in a year of prayer before God made clear His plan for us. Please know, God WILL provide (it sounds like you totally know that). We've never gone into an adoption with funds, but God consistently lays it out before us.

We will be praying hard for your guidance and clarity (and for your house selling). Many prayers....

Michele said...

Oh I am certain that Jesus will make a way for you! I will pray for you guys!

Mom Of Many said...

First of all, thank you for linking and posting a request. God is faithful and as we all pray He will reveal His plan for your lives.

PS My Emma was looking at your blog w/me as I was reading your post and she said, "She's beautiful!!" =) Thought you would love knowing a teenager said that about you.

Kimberlie said...

Praying for you home to sell and for God's leading. As a mom to three, soon to be four, from China, I am always thrilled when God turns another heart in that direction. I know He will lead you

Kristi O said...

Jesus. thank you! Thank you for this family who wants to be so close to your heart. Lord it only takes one family to buy a home.Jesus I pray you would move quickly on that families heart. Lord maybe this family isn't even looking yet but I believe Lord you will speak and speak clearly. Lord thank you that a child in China will have a home a family who loves you and wants nothing more than to serve you and have another child in their home. Lord thank you that you speak and we get the chance to walk it all out. Father would you bring grace to the timing. Would you gently remind this family that the blessing of a child is coming. Thank you Lord for this work and for the sale of their home that is coming. Amen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your request. It is wonder thing to learn to share with others to lift you up in prayer. Looking forward to seeing what God has in store.

Amy Murphy said...

Praying for God to show you His path for your lives. I hope it includes adoption! :)

Shonni said...

I'll be praying for ya'll and that the LORD will lead you and guide you!!!

Sharon said...

Just found your blog from the link mentioned above. We just completed our first adoption, of a daughter from Ethiopia. God blessed our socks off, we are amazed by the gift of our daughter and His provision! Sending encouragement your way!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you.
My daughter just turned 30 and started her process too. :) Her sisters from China couldn't be happier!

Nancy said...

Just getting around to posting comments...went and read everyone's needs and prayed...just wanted to let you know I am praying! Housing situations can be a real bummer! :) Been there, done that! :)

Blessings and prayers!...Nancy in CT